Saturday, March 7, 2020

HIP KIT CLUB | A little about me


Hello to all of you out there! I'm back today and gosh am I excited, and maybe a little nervous, to be sharing this post. I'm on the Hip Kit Club Design Team! I was tickled pink to be invited to join this amazing team of talented crafters. I am still having PINCH ME moments!! As I am still patiently waiting on my very first box of HIP KIT goodness to arrive I thought I'd share a little introduction to me and my crafty space

Lets take a tiny peek into my life shall we..

I live on the outskirts of Geelong in Victoria, Australia with my partner of over 10 years Clinton and our daughter Leila who is 9. I work part time (not far off full time really) in retail Pharmacy as a Dispensary Technician and I survive off good coffee, donuts and cupcakes. HA! I've been scrapbooking for over 12 years after being introduced to the craft by my best friend, dabbling here and there before finding myself falling back to traditional scrapbooking with a hint of Project Life.


I'm lucky to have a small space in our home to call my craft room. Both walls are filled with cube storage and albums full of layouts documenting Leila from birth to sometime last month. That clear tub on my desk is waiting to be filled with all kinds of pretty bits n bobs from this months Hip Kits


I am blessed to have a large central bench to stand and scrap with plenty of filtered daylight coming through. More often than not I tend to stop and start while I'm creating as my days off from work are very few and far between so time in here is precious.

Most of my scrappy supplies are kept behind closed doors in a very messy cupboard as we have an evaporative cooler that creates a lot of damp air within the house in summer = warped papers galore. Not ideal.


These babies however are the tools of the trade that I gravitate towards for almost every layout I create, plus a little tacky glue if Im piecing cut files. I love to fussy cut bits from papers, piece together fun cut files, add hints of dimension to pages using foam tape and raised glue dots, adhere things here and there with my tiny attacher, line things up with my T-square ruler (gift from that awesome scrapping bestie) and splatter ALL THE THINGS with gold colour shine to finish all my layouts off. Its about the only 'mixed media' I ever attempt these days in my limited crafty time.

Well friends, thats all from me today. Just a short and sweet little introduction to me and where I create. I cant wait to share more soon, and continue to share little snippets of me and my life.


Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x