Sunday, August 25, 2019

Cocoa Vanilla Studio | Sweet Moments

Hello Crafty friends, I'm back today with a new layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.This layout is based on the super fun Page Maps sketch shared by my fellow team members this past week. I had so much fun using the sketch as a kick starter for this layout, and that Midnight collection worked perfectly with the floral design elements


Love that these photos document a sweet moment shared between both Leila and my nephew from a few years back. They both love to read


TO begin the layout I cut down a piece of white cardstock to roughly 11.5inch square and adhered to a 12x12 piece of the stunningly beautiful INKY DEPTHS paper. Love the tiny floral design of that pattern paper. Once the 2 papers were secure I roughly drew then sewed multiple circle shapes similar to the large version on the sketch.

I gathered a couple of photos, printed black and white so as not to clash with the colours of the sweet Midnight collection. There were layered to the right of the large sewn circles and adhered using foam tape for slight dimension. I've tucked some ephemera pieces and fussy cut florals from the BLOOM AND GROW paper above the top photo


Between the photos I've layered a strip of roughly torn pink paper from the ombre SHINE BRIGHT design and a piece of the  blue and white diagonal stripe frame found in the ephemera pack to replicate the scalloped piece on the sketch. I've also added a second piece of the torn pink paper to the top of the layout


TO the left of the photos I created the large title cluster using more elements from the ephemera pack and die cut titles that looked similar to those on the sketch. Especially those mason jars and florals. Perfect pieces! To give them all different dimensional heights I've used multiple adhesives - raised and flat glue dots, foam tape and good ol tacky glue.


Lastly I added some handwritten journalling and a few splatters of gold ink and called it done.

Well thats all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by! I really enjoyed playing around with this sketch as it helped get my creative juices flowing when I was stuck in a rut. I hope it inspires you all too!

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping (or sketch scrapping)

Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x