Wednesday, March 25, 2020

HIP KIT CLUB | You Make My Heart Flutter


Hello Scrappy Friends I'm back today with a new layout share for HIP KIT CLUB!! I finally received my box full of HIP KIT Goodness and was able to start creating a little magic using the February Kits. Loads of pretty bits and bobs from Pink Paislee and Pink Fresh within the Main and Embellishment Kits - perfect for creating a Mood Board Inspired layout.

2020.03.22 HKC YOU MAKE MY HEART 1

I drew inspiration from the pompom tassel garland through the middle of the mood-board and knew exactly where I wanted to take this layout. I'll share a photo of the mood-board towards the end of this post.

2020.03.22 HKC YOU MAKE MY HEART

For this layout I wanted to document a photo of my daughter Leila and nephew from a couple years back and had intentions of adding a fun puffy alphabet title. In the end I felt the layout didn't need such a big title and all the elements combined felt complete enough.

IMG_9651

I created a large cluster within the middle of the layout and scattered mini clusters from there. I started by using a large envelope and tag from the 'Journalling Bits' pack (Embellishment Kit) to create a place for the photo, and to the right of that I added a tag from the Pink Paislee Bloom Street ephemera pack that can be found in the February PL Kit. Next I fussy cut chevrons from the #24 paper by Pink Paislee, punched circles from other papers in the main Kit and grouped these with other circular elements found within the ephemera and puffy sticker packs. Theres also some sweet sentiment tags tucked in here and there from the Pink Fresh ephemera pack (Main Kit)

IMG_9650

I added a couple of fussy cut flowers and leaf stems from the floral paper by Pink Paislee #12 and added them to the mini clusters. I used a range of adhesive techniques for the clusters - from machine stitching through the chevrons to using using glue dots or foam tape to give a slight dimension on others. The rest I simply glued down using a tape roller or my favourite quick dry glue. Theres even a few staples here and there.

IMG_9652

And lastly added a sprinkling of gold colour shine and droplets of the Nuvo Crystal Dots from the main kit. I love that little pop of dimension they create, similar to a really tiny enamel dot.

Before I head off here's a closer look at the March Mood Board designed by Lauren - please be sure to play along with us in the Member Forum group on Facebook. We love to see what you all create with these kits!

84206057_10157625515193880_5053895584935575552_o

Well thats all from me today. I hope you have found my first layout share on the blog to be an inspiring one. I cant wait to continue creating with these magical kits and sharing with the Hip Kit Club community!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

MICHELLE STOKES-01



PS. Heres a peek at the kits I've used to create this layout.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x