Sunday, March 29, 2020

HIP KIT CLUB | Because when you stop...


Hello Scrappy Friends It's me again. Back today with a new layout share for HIP KIT CLUB. I was tasked with creating a layout using ONLY the Main kit - February 2020 my kit of choice as thats the only month I have at the moment. I kept things quite simple, as thats how I roll, and I really like the end result. Even if it did take multiple hours to complete due to my indecisiveness haha

2020.03.26 HKC BECAUSE WHEN YOU STOP staged

I started the layout using a piece of white cardstock, half of the raindrop paper from Pink Paislee (PAPER 19) and part of the border strip that was on top of that sheet. I experimented with different configurations of torn strips using only those 3 pieces and made the final decision to keep it simple. Straight lines.

2020.03.26 HKC BECAUSE WHEN YOU STOP

Across the centre of the layout I adhered a quote from DR. Seuss that can be found on the  RIGHT NOW paper. I felt it was the perfect accompaniment for this photo as it really didn't need a title. I layered multiple block colour pattern papers under the photo that coordinated with the colours within the raindrop paper, and added a scalloped rainbow strip sticker from the BLOOM STREET sticker book under the quote card.

HKC BECAUSE WHEN YOU STOP 3

I also tucked in a few chevrons (PAPER 24 - Pink Paislee - Bloom Street) to the right side of the photo, and tore the edge of the ENCHANTED BLOOMS paper so that things weren't too straight and perfect.

HKC BECAUSE WHEN YOU STOP 2

Next I gathered pieces from the NOTEWORTHY ephemera pack, fussy cut flowers and leaf stems from PAPER 12 to create one massive floral cluster of sorts above the quote card. I love a good sized floral cluster! I also added in a sprinkling of stickers from the BLOOM STREET Sticker book and went to town with the NUVO drops

HKC BECAUSE WHEN YOU STOP 1

At the very top of the layout I filled in the blank white space by adding a couple of things that tied the entire layout together. Then splattered the whole layout with some gold colour shine because I just cant help it!

HKC BECAUSE WHEN YOU STOP 4

Well friends thats all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Michelle xx

MICHELLE STOKES-01



PS. Heres a peek at the kits I've used to create this layout.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x