Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Cocoa Vanilla Studio | Unbelievable, RANDOM, Legendary

Hello Hello! I'm back again today with a new layout to share with you all for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I've chosen to feature the wonderful Legendary Collection for this layout and share how it can be used to document the moments in our girls lives that don't necessarily need all the pretty feminine florals or hearts. I've based this layout on a running theme I have for Leila that documents all her favourite things each year. I started this back in 2016 and have created a layout each year focusing on the same topic and keeping to the same basic grid design.


This year I changed up the type of collection and used the fun Legendary collection rather than the feminine styles from the past, the layout on the right covered in florals is last years creation. I find that keeping a similar design for this theme had helped to get the topic documented quickly, but also will be easy to find each individual layout to reminisce in years to come.


I started the layout by writing out the list of favourites and adhering the notepaper to the dark woodgrain paper OUTDOORS TYPE . I chose to use a photo of Leila in her finest PJ attire playing the switch and adhered this to the map paper which is the reverse of the OUTDOORS TYPE paper .  Next I chose an assortment of complimentary patterns to create the grid design in the background. A mix of WILD ONE, OFF BEAT, BRAVE HEART, TOTAL LEGEND, EXPLORER and EPIC TALES which are all adhered with double sided tape and machine stitched for a little extra detail.


Once the grid of pattern papers were adhered and stitched I added the photo and list to the centre of the layout. These are raised slightly off the background using foam sheeting for that slight pop of dimension.


I added a cardstock title piece and stickers to the top of the notepaper list to create the title, with the addition of some ephemera stars and flair button to fill the blank space.


I added some random banner and tab stickers to the top and right of the photo.


I kept the embellishment clusters pretty simple in the top left and bottom right of the layout. The pieces used can be found in the ephemera pack.


and lastly some accessory word stickers to the top right and bottom left pattern papers and a good splattering of gold colour shine to the entire layout.

Well friends thats all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to check in with us regularly over in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio facebook group to talk and share all things CVS!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x