Monday, June 24, 2019

Cocoa Vanilla Studio | Happy Snaps

Hello Hello Scrappy friends! I'm back here today with a bright new layout share featuring the oh so wonderful HAPPINESS collection for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I've also snuck in a few photos of some special peeps you may already know, plus a couple of super sus 'men' haha. We all had the very best of times at this years CVS Creative Escape retreat. I cherish each and every moment spent with all these amazing ladies, we had so many laughs!



The idea for this layout started when I felt the sudden urge to fussy cut ALL of the frames from the FRAME OF MINDpaper. Every single one, including cutting the centres out of them all. I chose 6 of my favourites and arranged them with photos, vellum and 2 of the more fitting centre texts. Then I went back to fussy cutting more pretty paper, this time pieces of the beautiful floral wreath paper SO FRESHto use for layering later on.

To begin building the layout I started with some white cardstock, a big chunk of woodgrain design from the BRIGHT & BEAUTIFULand some paper strips of the hearts design paper - back side of SO FRESH. I then layered the frames in different directions using foam tape for adhesive to add dimension to the layout.



I added some alpha stickers from a very very old collection to add to the top left cluster of words and bits. Theres also a fussy cut butterfly from the 6x8 paper padand some glitter enamel dots that have made a comeback to my layouts from some of my older stash. Can you believe that amongst all of this prettiness, I didn't even open a bag of ephemera? Its all stickers and fussy cut pieces!



I layered in some of the fussy cut floral pieces to the top right and bottom left of the frames to create a slight diagonal flow to the layout. Theres also some tiny florals fussy cut from the super pretty MEADOWpaper sprinkled in there too.



I tucked in a couple of accessory stickers under photos in the frames too. Those 'men' were real sketchy at dinner one night HAHA Love a good snapchat filter... So does Zoe ;)



Lastly I added in some clear stickers to create a little mixed media effect, without getting messy, then splattered the entire layout with gold colour shine to finish it all off..

Well thats all from me today. I hope you've enjoyed seeing a different way to use all those frames.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Until next time, happy scrapping!Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x