Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Road Trip Adventure | Cocoa Vanilla Studio Limited Edition

Hello Hello, it's Michelle here today with a new layout share as part of our current stitching theme. One of my favourite techniques to add to a layout, and one that I don't use often enough lately. I've used the Hit the Road collection to document a photo taken of Leila earlier this year when we went on a family road trip (this kit was a limited edition in 2017)



For this layout I started with my usual white cardstock base, a large piece of paper 2 from the collection (a lovely woodgrain chevron pattern), plus smaller pieces of paper 1 & 4 to create the photo stack. The paper strips along the bottom of the layout came from the paper name strips along the bottom of paper 1 & 2 and everything else is a mix of ephemera and cut apart pieces from paper 5



I've used hand stitching as a feature on select embellishments and on random places around the chevron pattern paper.  I also selected a couple of ephemera and cut apart pieces that also had hand drawn stitching to continue the theme.



When I saw this card on paper 5 I just knew it would be perfect in place of a title. I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to use as a title, and sometimes I don't feel the need to add one, as long as theres something large in place to balance out all the elements.



Heres a closer peek at the stitching I've added around the photo, and in place of the tiny staples I would normally add to things like stars and smaller ephemera pieces



I created a cluster at the bottom of the page and added tiny stitches to the stars plus a few more random stitches to the chevron paper



Well thats it from me today, I hope you've enjoyed seeing my take on the stitching theme. Something a little different to the way I normally add stitching, but loads of fun to create.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping

Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x